Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I cannot connect my CANON PIXMA MX350 printer to my laptop.Ihave

Customer Question

I cannot connect my CANON PIXMA MX350 printer to my laptop.Ihave entered the wireless key no.3cfc9c64c5 but still see printer off line whenI try to use it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Printer Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Printer Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? Are you still able to make a copy from the printer (not print from the computer)? What happens when you entered the wireless key, i.e., did it connect successfully? Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Viet - Printer Tech :

Please type at the box below, then click on the Reply button at the bottom in order to chat with me. thank you,

JACUSTOMER-6kdmg06t- :

WINDOWS 7 Recently had BT INFINITY installed and the printer was working ok until then.

Viet - Printer Tech :

OK, What happens when you entered the wireless key, i.e., did it connect successfully?

Viet - Printer Tech :

OK, What happened when you entered the wireless key, i.e., did it connect successfully?

JACUSTOMER-6kdmg06t- :

No I keep getting printer OFF LINE

Viet - Printer Tech :

Do you mean you got a new modem/router? Did you enter the wireless key on the printer's screen?

JACUSTOMER-6kdmg06t- :

yes

Viet - Printer Tech :

yes to new modem/router?

JACUSTOMER-6kdmg06t- :

yes

Viet - Printer Tech :

Where did you enter the wireless key? on the computer's screen or the printer's screen?

JACUSTOMER-6kdmg06t- :

printers screen

Viet - Printer Tech :

Right after entering the wireless key on the printer's screen, what did the printer show?

JACUSTOMER-6kdmg06t- :

cannot remember

Viet - Printer Tech :

Do you remember vaguely if it shows connected or failed?

JACUSTOMER-6kdmg06t- :

probably failed computer screen shows printer off line

Viet - Printer Tech :

No, I'm asking only about the printer's screen, not the computer's screen, but that's okay

Viet - Printer Tech :

that's okay for now; we will need to check the printer's screen if needed later

Viet - Printer Tech :

Please try the following on the computer:

Viet - Printer Tech :

1. Click on Start, then Devices and Printers.

Viet - Printer Tech :

2. Right-click on the Canon... printer, and remove it.

Viet - Printer Tech :

3. Click on Add a printer option near the top.

Viet - Printer Tech :

4. Click on Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer option.

Viet - Printer Tech :

5. If it sees your printer, then add it, and see if you can print now.

Viet - Printer Tech :

Note: if the computer does not see your printer, then on the printer's screen, press the Setup button (tool/wrench icon), then select the option Wireless LAN Setup, then press OK button. Then select Yes, then press OK. Then select Easy setup, then press OK. Then select your access point (wireless network name), then enter the password/key when prompted. Make sure it is show connected successfully. Then try steps 1-5 above again.

Viet - Printer Tech :

You can see the full steps/illustrations at the website below:
http://www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/wireless/setup_350_870_win.pdf

Viet - Printer Tech :

If all fails, please go to Start->Control Panel->Programs->Programs and Features, then uninstall the Canon driver program
, then restart the computer, then download and reinstall the printer driver MX350 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05 (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64... (mp68-win-mx350-1_05-ea24) at the website below:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mx_series/pixma_mx350#DriversAndSoftware
Or use the direct website link below:
http://wikisend.com/download/549246/

Viet - Printer Tech :

It looks like you are away, so I'm going to exit this chat for now and go offline for now also. Please reply at the box below when you are available to continue. Thank you,

Hi George,

When you are back, please reply at the box below to continue.