Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I am trying to use a Canon Pixma MG5150 printer. It is at the

I am trying to use a Canon Pixma MG5150 printer. It is at the moment giving me instructions in Italian The manual tells me to press the back button but this does not do anything can you help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Can you tell me what the Italian language instructions are? I know Italian and I can translate it, I am sure.

If your printer has somehow been accidentally switched into the wrong interface language, I am fairly sure we can correct that too. (I presume it previously never showed any foreign language.)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok the printer seems to print now and the liquid crystal display shows copia, foto, scanione, stampa documenti, stampa speciale, impotazione,ristampa foto,presetazione the first three at least being understandable. As others use this machine (Italian speakers) is there a way ofchanging the language easily?

OK, after some research, I have found how to change the language (I will present this info in a bilingual format, so that you can change it either way, from/to Italian or English):

1. press SETUP button:

SETUP

2. then select the Device Settings:

graphic

3. then in the following menu, you select the next one from the bottom (or, the one just before the last selection - in Italian, more or less 'LINGUA SELEZIONE'):

graphic

so at this point use the up-arrow or down-arrow button to move the selection to 'LINGUA SELEZIONE' (more or less) and press OK. Then select 'INGLESE' (English) and press OK, and that ought to change the language to English. Let me know if there are any problems.

If this solves the problem and answers your question, please rate my Answer - favorably, I would hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your case.