Brandon M.
Brandon M., Technician
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

The printer has paper but the message is still asking for

Customer Question

The printer has paper but the message is still asking for paper????
Category: Printers
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be happy to assist you.

What is the model of your printer?

Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Samsung SCX4100

Thanks for that information.

So, you said you already tried to reseat the paper. In the paper tray, please make sure that the guides are snug against the sides of the paper. After you put the paper in the tray, you may have to adjust the paper guides on the sides and in the back to fit the paper. The printer uses the position of these guides to determine what size paper is in the tray.

There also appears to be a manual feed on the front - is it possibly asking for paper to be inserted into there?

Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please respond!

I did already. Did you see my response above?

Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brendan,

Sorry missed it!!

Not too happy at the moment as issue is still unresolved and I have a load of work to get through urgently - I will be happy once it is working. Can you resolve this issue with my printer, as I don't really want to be paying for something that won't work - if you know what I mean!!

Fingers crossed and I hope to hear from you a.s.a.p. - Thanks

Here was my previous response -

Thanks for that information.

Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Brendan,

I had already tried all of that before I contacted you. So I take it that you are unable to help me in this instance and that there will be no charge.

Sorry but this seems to have been a bit of a waste of time.

But thanks anyway.

We can continue to work on this, if you are interested. There are some other things we can try. Otherwise, I can request a refund for your deposit.

Brandon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please can I have a refund - I am going on holiday in the morning and I need to use the computer urgently - any printing I need I will save documents as PDF files and print at a later date!!

Thanks for your time and sorry we could not resolve this matter.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Brenda