Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have had an IP2600 pixma

Customer Question

I have had an IP2600 pixma for some time and have been having trouple with the Paper feed for ages. Recently I discovered that by putting a 10+ mm wad of paper in it it seemed to work much better. I have been using it much more recently - I bought it to print some stuff in colour - but have an HP laserjet 1012 for the bulk of my priting. Unfortunately my upgrading to Microsoft office has resulted in my PC causing me considerable grief. When printing for any document instead of the normal menu choices i.e HP 1012 and Cannon Pixima IP 2600 - Both of which have been removed - I get "send to Microsoft OneNote" I laso have a notepad and yesterday it dawned on me that I should be able to print OK direct from that to the Cannon printer. and today I am thwarted by the problem of the paperfeed not working. I makes the usual initial noise and seems to be turning the relevant bits over but it does not pick up the paper. Help please.

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Before we start I want to make sure you understand it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please explain - what "more information"

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It seems you missed my reply so here it is again just in case:
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did complete the visa payment. What else do you want?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you see my replies?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I see you have sent me some emails. Why not jus reply here?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
..
I have been replying here, the emails only tell you there is a reply and to come to the site to view them, as I mentioned before It seems you missed my reply most likely due to only looking at the email so here it is again just in case:
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you want? By the way, I ticked in the circle for the £35 option but could not move down that screen!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please come to this page and read my reply, the email does not give it all. I have sent it 3 times now waiting for you to say you understand you may need a new part.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I understand about a part but am concerned about how that will work

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No problem I will do my best to explain it some people decide to cancel when they find out they may need a part. If you want to do that reply with the word cancel. Otherwise if you want to continue I can not physically replace the part for you. I can only give you information on which part, what the cost will be, and walk you through replacing it yourself. However sometimes parts for Canon machines can be expensive. If you want to continue working on this knowing that possibility when exactly does the paper stop during the feed and get stuck?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does not start. As I said, It was always a problem if I put just a few sheets in but a couple of days ago I put a larger wad in and thought I had cracked it. Unfortunately, today, not the case.

By the way, any idea how I rid myself of OneNote?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
One note is automatically installed with things like office.
All you should need to do is click on that name and it will give you the option to choose your Canon.
Please try that now and send something to the Canon let me know what happens when you do.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still in trouble. On my desktop I have two short cuts not the pesky programme.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Press and hold down ctrl while on this page.
While holding it down press P that will open the print dialogue.
If it shows one note, click on that and change it to your Canon then click on print.
What happens?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just got the same OneNote crap which I cannot change as you suggest. I put Cannon ip2600 in the the only box (no options) and it did not recognie that. Obviously thought I am some sort of twit.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That can happen if the Canon somehow got disconnected or if the driver got corrupted. What version of windows is on your PC? Can you double check the usb cable from the Canon to the computer and make sure both ends are connected tightly?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows 7 Connection checked several times. In fact, as I said, it make encouraging noises when I send something which suggest to me that it is to do with the paper pickup rather that the communication to it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It is odd it would do that if you are only able to see one note as an option to print.
Click the 'Start' button from the bottom left of the Windows screen, and then click on 'Devices and Printers'.
Click your right mouse button on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Printing Preferences' from the menu that appears.
Select the 'Maintenance' tab.

Click nozzle check and then print test pattern.
What happens when it tries to print this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know if my difficulties are resolved but as I seem to have a result of sorts I must get on. As I am still in my Free go with this I assume that you can just cancel the payment. I will check once we end this session.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok, If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.

If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.

.