Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

hi i have a konica minolta magicolor 4750 en, i got some paper

Customer Question

hi i have a konica minolta magicolor 4750 en, i got some paper jammed which i have removed & now the screen says paper tray2 empty even though it isn't ! Help please!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

My apologies for the delay.

When you removed the paper jam, where you then able to feed any paper through the printer?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not at first but it suddenly decided to work yesterday & printed ok for about 4/5 pages & then stopped! so I'm guessing there is no paper stuck

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
When it stopped printing Sally, was there any error message displayed?

There can be paper still stuck, even a very small piece is enough to set off the sensor.

Have you checked extensivly for this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it just says paper empty, i have had a thorough check for paper. & as far as i can see theres none.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
can you disconnect the power cable from it from the power socket and wait 10 minutes.

Then plug in the power Sally, turn it on and tell me if it still says this please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi no joy, it still says paper empty!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Sally

It is the internal sensor for the tray that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by restarting it. The fact that following this, it continues, confirms the sensor as failing. This is likely caused by the paper jam.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you send me an invoice for the £28 please

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I cant here sorry Sally, as I am just an engineer, but you can request this by emailing

[email protected]

They deal with all billing issues.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.