carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Hardware Engineer
69505510

LASER PRINTER CANNON MF 3240 MESSAGE SAYS PLEASE WAIT all is

Customer Question

LASER PRINTER CANNON MF 3240 MESSAGE SAYS PLEASE WAIT all is frozen
Category: Printers
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

carlday1 :

When did the printer start displaying this message?

Have you checked for paper jams?

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- : No paper jams
carlday1 :

Could you check that all doors and trays are closed it is often best to open them all then close them again.

What happens when you turn the printer off and back on. Does it make any noises or is it dead.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- : All done no change, on and off tried no change no noise all back to be frozen
carlday1 :

I am afraid it sounds like something serious is wrong with the printer.

Could you take all the toners out and see if it comes to life with a different error? Could you unplug it from the wall as well for a few minutes.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

all done plenty of times. remained unplugged for the night still commes back with PLEASE WAIT message very quickly after connecting again

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

i stated at the begining what the message says.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

you are trying to advise on error messages.

carlday1 :

Does it just say please wait and no other service codes?

I think it might be the fuser that's at fault. I will have a look at my service documents and get back to you later.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

correct ...nothing else...

carlday1 :

I will get back to you shortly

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

are you an expert? your questions are suggesting to me that you are giving just general easy advise, certainly not worth 21 pounds.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

I quoted at the beginning the message...PLEASE WAIT

carlday1 :

I repair printers daily but unfortunately each one is different and I know more about oki and brother. I will get a service manual and get back to you.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

i have also stated at the begining that it is Cannon I AM ENQUIRING about.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

Would you like to swap an expert and pass me to someone else as i dont really think you will be able to help me.

carlday1 :

I will opt out and allow someone else to help you hopefully there will be a canon expert online. I have the service manual and I will continue to read it and should I feel I have found the problem I will reply to you.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

not sure what your answer mean...are you asking someone else to help me??

carlday1 :

If I opt out the question gets opened to other experts to look at and reply.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

do i need to pay them again??

carlday1 :

No you won't need to pay again you only pay when you accept an answer.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

ooo i thought i have already paid by pay pal

carlday1 :

You have already paid Just Answer but they hold onto the money until you are happy with the answers given when you rate an answer the expert gets paid. Should you be unhappy with the answer you are able to request a refund.

Could you try holding the stop button for a minute and see if the printer responds

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

the printer doesnt respont to any buttons...i can not switch the printer on and of ..i need to unplug it from the wall.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

printer doesnt respond to anything

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

it is frozen..no lights

carlday1 :

I have just read something on a trade forum that I use and it seems to point towards the internal power supply being faulty.

The power supply supplies several different voltages to the printer and it looks from what I read that some are missing and it cause this error.

The power supply might be able to be repaired.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

how//

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

can i repait it myself???

carlday1 :

The power supply would need to be removed from the printer and tested, you could replace the power supply or you could send yours away for repair.

You can repair it yourself if you are good with electronics and soldering I suspect that the power supply will need board level repair.

carlday1 :

I am quickly looking to see how much a new psu would be.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

no no dont worry it seems like an expensive way and we are not even sure if this is the problem.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

if you can not fix it by advise everything else i found is too much hussle and money.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

and i dont know anything about electronics

carlday1 :

I agree that changing the power supply without test would be silly thing to do as I am not 100% sure it is the psu.

JACUSTOMER-vkvbk8pi- :

i am going home now as i am sitting in the office trying to sort out the problem...need to feed my dog

carlday1 :

You could call a local company out to look at it but i would expect it to cost £55+ just for them to come and look and if it is the psu they will swap it as many companies do not repair to board level.