Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I cant download the driver for my new MG6350 printer. Canon

Customer Question

I can't download the driver for my new MG6350 printer. Canon provided the correct driver for Windows 8 but during the set up when it comes to recognising the printer it does initially and says it is completing the registration then hangs for 10 minutes then says it can't find the printer. The result is that the driver isn't downloaded and I can't use the printer. I know its not a printer issue as it works on laptop that has windows 7... I am connecting the printer to the laptop via a UCB cable. Firewall is switched off during installation.

Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

You must have downloaded the wrong driver that is why windows is not recognizing. Try to download the driver link i have attached below and let me know if there is any problem.

Click here to download the correct driver

Customer:

Ok I will try that now

Customer:

no that didn't work. Same problem. Said it couldn't detect the printer. I know my computer knows its there as every time I disconnect the USB it beeps and sees there is hardware attached to the laptop

Michelle :

if you connect any other device on the computers usb port does it work.

Customer:

Yes, just plugged the mouse in and its fine

Michelle :

open printer and devices folder

Michelle :

you will see add printer

Michelle :

then you can select and install it from the generic drivers list of windows drivers

Customer:

I see a picture of the printer when I go into that screen

Customer:

let me add printer

Michelle :

yes

Customer:

it says no printers were found. When I go into the preferences for the printer picture that I see listed - there are 4 printers but the others are for printing to file everything looks right. The driver details are there but when I go into word to print that printer is not an option in the pull down list

Customer:

If I add a printer manually it doesn't give me the option for the MG 6300 series.6100 or 6200 but no 6300

Michelle :

okay

Customer:

Ok just done a windows update and found the printer listed...tried to download it and it stated

Customer:

The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that block NT 4.0 drivers...could that be the problem?

Michelle :

you will have to login to the computer using the administrator account to install any device in that case.

Customer:

I am the only user on this PC - how do I check I am the administrator?

Customer:

I looked on line and there were suggestions that files for all my last printer have not deleted fully. Any idea how to find them and delete them?

Customer:

Manually Removing a Printer - from microsoft but what is the alternative steps for windows 8?

Ensure the Printer has been removed from Device Manager

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, right-click the Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.

2. At the command prompt, type the following lines, pressing ENTER after each line

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
cd\%SystemRoot%\System32
start devmgmt.msc

3. In the Device Manager window select View and then Show hidden devices.

4. Now locate and expand the Printer category.

5. If you see any entries related to the device you are trying to remove right-click them and selectUninstall.

Customer:

Hello? Any suggestions?

Michelle :

It seems to be a bit complicated. windows operating system file system is preventing the install files to run

if you want i can give you a remote assistance service where you do nothing just watch the screen and i will work and fix the problem.

Customer:

yes please

Michelle :

there would be an additional service charge as i will be putting in full time on your printer and not accepting any other customers question which is like a directly helping you realtime

Customer:

how much will that be?

Michelle :

$20 will be the charge however if the problem is not fixed no charge.

Customer:

OK I assume that £15

Michelle :

about 12 i believe

Customer:

Great

Michelle :

shall i give you the remote link now

Michelle :

Click the Link above

1) Click Join
2) Click Run/OK/Yes/Allow if asked
3)Click Allow /Run/Ok if asked by Anti Virus
4)Let me know if there is any issue

Customer:

it just came up that windows smart screen stopped it...trying the Java option

Michelle :

click on this link

Michelle :

install teamviewer

Michelle :

give me the 9 digit code and the 4 digit password

Customer:

Ok looks like we are in

Michelle :

yes getting connected now

Michelle :

i am in

Michelle :

let me take the mouse control

Customer:

are you still there? Not sure if I lost you when I changed user so switched back

Customer:

Thanks for trying options. Not sure where you went though

Customer:

Not sure what happened but I appreciate that you spent a lot of time trying to help me. Just shame it didn't get fixed

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Try to login to the testaccount and then try installing the driver and let me know if it gets installed.
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No and now I just have a black screen so not sure what is going on
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 years ago.
Turn off the power on the computer by holding down the power button for 5 seconds.
Wait for 2 mins and then turn it on login back to your original user account and let me know.