Sudipto
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I am trying to get my printer to print.It only prints one page.

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model printer is this?
What version of windows or mac is on your computer?
What happens exactly when you try to print?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kodak ESP3200

Computer VW171D Splendid

Computer goes trough its routine and then prints out first part (heading odf doc)and then stops

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok that computer one you gave me looks like the model of the monitor. I need to know what version of windows is on it. For example windows xp, windows vista, windows 7, or the newest windows 8?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Windows vista

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok thank you, XXXXX XXXXX please try printing this page and let me know what comes out. This will tell us if the software you are trying to print from is causing the issue, or if the printer is causing the problem.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am Amazed as the printer has worked and printed everything.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok that means the program is causing the issue and not the printer, what program is doing this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know the program. I go into file and select print . I think it is Microsoft XPS document

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
In that program click on the help menu and then about it should say the name of the program there.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hallo Freddie, Sorry my computer is very slow. I think it is Windows system 32

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately that is not it, open the file you were trying to print. Then where you normally click on file and then print look for a help menu. Click on that and then choose the option that says about.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is it Explorer 9?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That would be the internet program you are using to communicate with me. Is that what is opening the file that is only printing the borders? If not you need to open that file first or it will just tell you the program you are currently using.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am using Kodak AiO. But I cannot see what else.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What type of document is it? The problem is being caused by the program so the printer aio would not be causing it. Is it a word document, a pdf you are opening from your email?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I think I now understand. I am trying to print out an airport schedule for a flight I have booked. I know that BT have asked me to change my password. I haven't tried to print it since then. Do you think that uiis the problem?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No that would not cause it however it sounds like you may want to save the schedule to your computer and then try printing it after. To do that click on file and then print like you normally would. But click on the printers name and change it to the one that says xps document writer. Click on ok and it will ask you where to save the file.

Save the file to your desktop name it something you will remember. Then go to your desktop and double click on it to open it. Now click on file and print here to print the saved file rather than printing from the airlines site itself. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hallo Freddy.

I still can't get my printer to work although I have followed your instructions. keep getting a file notice over the printer box which says I need to save the file.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is what you are supposed to see, as I mentioned save the file to your desktop name it something you will remember. Then go to your desktop and double click on it to open it. Now click on file and print here to print the saved file rather than printing from the airlines site itself. Make sure it says your printers name and not xps, click on the name to change it again if needed. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I seem to have lost my Kodak printer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.

Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have removed the cable and restarted the machine but have not put the cable back yet

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you follow the rest of the steps as well? If you did you can go ahead and reconnect it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no because I need to know how to reinstall the printer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You would just run the disk that came with it again, if you dont have it you can use this: Click Here
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Right I have installed it

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok now restart one more time and then test it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Freddy but the message from the installation is saying that my printer isn't connected but it is as the printer s switched on and is making its usual noises.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Disconnect and reconnect the usb cable from the printer as well as the computer, does it still do the same thing?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still cannot locate the printer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do I do?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Can I do a secure remote session to solve the problem directly, in this way I will do the job for you and you have to help me to connect or disconnect any physical cable of the printer.

It will charge a little additional fee of $20, as there is two problem at present.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Pleasew tell me what the problems are

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
One, the initial problem that is the printer is rinting one page and the second problem is that, the Kodak printer had disappeared and you cannot get back it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I will think about this and come back to you later

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
No problem, we can also do that in chatting mode also, like this one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My problem has not been sorted and I do not think the service has been good because my printer does not appear to be properly installed. The printer is working but it has not come up on the properties as Kodak only as Microsoft xps.

I still cannot print out the document from the airline although I can print other docs. I need to rest now but will come back tomorrow. I am not willing to pay more as my fault has not been rectified.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
See, I can understand your problem, as I said earlier, we can continue in chatting mode, if you are not ready to pay for remote support.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please will you help with my printer problem which is worse since I started with this service

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Technician was not able to resolve the problem and said he will refer to a n expert. The expert wanted more money to do a remote help or continue with the e-mail. I need help which is clear to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will you please continue to help me with my printer problem

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please will you continue to fix my Printer. Pease let me know when you will e-mail.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
See, as we are normal human beings, as you are, it is not possible for us to stay online 24 hrs. , you have replied me back after 11 hours, from my last reply and after that within one hour you have continuesly posted the same post 4 times, I could not reply you back, as I was offline at that time, when you have replied me.

One more thing, I have told you about the extra charges for remote support and not for chatting process. If you feel that, this chatting process is easier for you then, we can continue in chat mode, without any extra charge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Sudipto,

I was giving up hope. I really do want you to help me relove this printer issue. What can I do next?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Please reply me back, when you are ready .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Sudipto, My computer printer is still not working although the machine is able to work but only prints the heading of a document so it is worse than it was before I contacted your organisation.

Wuill you please start by explaining what I have to do before I give a feedback as I do not want to give a bad experience feedback

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Can you check the Printer window and let me know, if the printer icon had reappeared or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No the Kodak Printer Icon is not there. The Kodak status monitor Icon comes up on the program list after I pressstart but nothing comes up when I press the icon. The printer list when I press print comes up with other printer but not the kodak printer

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
Ok, disconnect the USB cord of the printer from the PC then, if you have not conencted the cable yet then, reconnect the cable and check if the icon reappear or not, if not then follow the steps below to reinstall the latest software and driver for the printer and let me know the result.

See, as I can see that, you are fighting with this issue for a long time, I can give you the remote support for free of cost, that means there will be no extra charges for the remote support.

Installation Instructions

1. Disconnect your all-in-one printer from your computer.
  2. Verify that you logged on to the computer using the administrator account.
  3. Close all programs.
  4. Open this link http://support.en.kodak.com and click the blue Download button to, download the software onto your computer.
  5. Double-click the *.exe file, then follow the on-screen instructions.
  6. When the installation is complete, connect your all-in-one printer to your computer.
  7. Select Start > Programs > Kodak > Kodak AiO Home Center.

If the installation process is unable to detect the printer, instead of connecting the USB cable then, replace the cable with a new one and let me know the result.
Sudipto, Engineer
Experience: DIploma in Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please note that my printer is still not working and you have deducted another payment from me for Membership £32 which I have not requested. Please note that I am requesting that you refund the £32 and that I have informed my bank.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 years ago.
As I can see, that you are a subscriber and due to this reason the monthly fees have been deducted from your card, if you want to cancel the subscription then, follow the steps below and stop the subscription, if you do not clarify the exact problem with the charges then, Just answer will refund the whole amount (32+32) to you card. If you just want the $32 that, have been deducted later then, reply me back and I will inform the customer service.

1. Login to your JustAnswer account
  2. Click the EDIT link in the ACCOUNT INFORMATION panel on the left side of the page
  3. On the EDIT YOUR SUBSCRIPTION page, next to SUBSCRIPTION STATUS, you should see ON and OFF buttons for your unlimited subscription, make sure the OFF button is selected
  4. Click SAVE SETTINGS

To easily access your account settings, please click the following link: https://secure.justanswer.co.uk/account/edit-subscription.aspx

And that's it! You have successfully turned off your subscription. You may turn it on again at anytime by following the steps above and selecting ON.