Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

What is the sequence of buttons to press to get rid of the

Customer Question

What is the sequence of buttons to press to get rid of the two flashing red lights (flashing rapidly at same time with green light off) on an Epson R200. I did it before and it worked a treat. Have trolled the forums and can't find the damned thing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

The sequence is as follows

Press and hold the "Stop," "Maintenance" and "Power" buttons for 10 seconds.

Turn off the power to the printer. Unplug the power cord from the wall.

Wait one minute. Plug the power cord back into the wall. Turn the power back on to the printer.

Tell me if this clears it please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Already tried that and it didn't work. Just tried it again and still no change.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, we will do it via the utility

Make sure the epson is connected to the computer via a usb cord. Then, go to the link below.

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

The download is right at the bottom

download the utility on this page. Then install it. then run it.

Then do the reset counters action.. Once it has reset all counters.

turn the printer off and on.

Tell me if you still get this issue please Peter.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, already done that, and tried it again, to no avail. When I click on reset all counters I get the message "reset counters functions are provided for special purposes only. Please use freezer functions instead!" and then the I click ok and get "done", still to no avail

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Peter,

The ink cartridges, these are all seated correct?

Can you double check them please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yep, done all that too. You're only telling me what I've read a million times on the forums for free Richard. Last time I seem to remember pressing one or more of the buttons as it was starting up and it worked a treat, but I can't remember the sequence. You don't know that one I presume, because that's what I need?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I can only tell you the process to rule out the caused for this Peter. And yes, the processes have been documented.

The sequence is what I gave you Peter, and the program I provided does the same thing.

There is a reason for this problem and it is a hardware failure on the main board that is causing this.

We have ruled out a faulty alarm plus ensured there is nothing loose, which confirms it as a hardware failure in the printer, and is generally the mainboard that has a critical fault.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer so that the faulting component can be diagnosed and replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's way out of warranty Richard and it wouldn't be worth the cost of returning it. I know I used a different sequence to the one you recommended. It's no reflection on you, but I don't in all truth feel that my £21 has been well spent, only getting the answers I already knew, so how do I go about getting a refund?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

You did receive the correct answer, and you now know the problem

But if you don't wish to pay for the service you received you get your refund here.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Richard. I had the problem last time after a power cut, and I fixed it after doing what I said, pressing the buttons in sequence repeatedly, so I suspect the problem isn't just what you say as it can be over-ridden, but thank you for your time anyway.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It is flashing Red for a reason Peter, not because it wants to be resetted (which we did).