Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Hello, l have an HP All in one 2575 printer that has just shown

Customer Question

Hello, l have an HP All in one 2575 printer that has just shown a code of 83C00020, Could you give me any advice please. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you today.

Did you unplug the printer and waited 10 mins. before reconnecting the power cord ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just switched printer on again and is still showing code. The printer has been switched off several hours.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
No, that is what not I am asking. Anyway, remove the power cord once more from the printer then, wait for 10 mins. then reconnect the power cord and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok l will try this thanks.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know the result, so that we can continue troubleshooting, if the problem persist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The printer will not switch off unless l unplug it the small screen just flickers and stays lit up in blue.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Ok then, unplug the printer and wait for 10 mins.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried this this morning and am still in same situation.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
I am little bit confused, when I first asked you to disconnect the power cord and wait for 10 mins. , you said that you will try it now and now you are saying that, you have already tried to disconnect the power cord and waited 10 mins. before reconnecting ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes because l was doing this this morning but not sure how long the time was inbetween unplugging it.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, so I assume you have disconnect the plug, more than 10 mins. as you said that, you tried to move the cartridges with your hard, are you able to do that or the cartridges are stuck ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When l moved the carriage this morning it was on left side. I have not attempted to move it since.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
So, what is the position of the carriage, at present. Like in the middle, left or right ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The carriage is on right side. There is also a camera icon flashing on front of printer where you place Bluetooth adapter, memory cards etc.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Do you just see this code "83C00020" or anything else on the screen, like Ink System Failure etc.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just the number is XXXXX If the ink is needed changing it show message in another mode

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
OK, are you able to remove the cartridges from the printer ?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

As I can see, you have opted out the other expert, I can try to help you. Please reply me back, when you get online.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have contacted your customer services because l have since solved my problem !while l was waiting for last aid to reply with an open online forum which costed me nothing !

As l said to them l am requesting no payment for this because there was no resolve.

I would have been happy to pay but was passed through several paths.

Diane

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry for the inconvience, but when you opt out an expert, he or she was not able to get back to you and that is why I tried to help you further.