Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Hp500 ps juddering a little when printing. (As the head sweeps

Hp500 ps juddering a little when printing. (As the head sweeps across.) as if there is a lack of lubrication.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the problem is truly as simple as one caused by friction factors that are in their turn caused by lack of lubrication or lubrication being overcome by evaporation / particle adsorbtion / etc., then the matter is almost certainly like one I saw once: a sliding element on a metal rail needed the metal rail

1. wiped clean with a rag cloth moistened in WD-40

and that was about it - the rag wiping cleaned dirt off the rail, and some WD-40 was transfered to the rail, allowing smooth motion across it once more. A little extra wiping off with more WD-40'd rag cloth put a bit more lubrication on the rail for good measure.

If it is not a matter of lubrication being lacking, then it might possibly be resonant vibration (i.e. a slightly too great slowness being overdriven to the point of being sensed as overdriven and being slackened back to a sudden extent that puts the printhead/carriage back into the beginning of this cycle again, all in a second or a fraction of a second.
That too might be caused by excessive friction, so look for anything of the sort in any part that might hamper the motion of the printhead/carriage as it moves.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds good

So - has my advice worked for you? I presented it as a query to you; it occurs to me that if you were asking a theoretical question, I perhaps ought to have presented it as an answer not a query. Let me know, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your kind help but the printer doesn't work. Excuse me but I can't pay 11pounds.

That's fine. The printer will have to be repaired then, I guess, or replaced, at you disposition.

My answer, to lubricate and clean any part e.g. a metal rail that a moving part such as the printer's carriage moves on, seems to have been ineffective in the matter. I regret that.

As for any concern about payment or billing, contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com about it:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us