carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Hardware Engineer
69505510

My dell colour printer (1250) is not working....and flashing

My dell colour printer (1250) is not working....and flashing a yellow exclamation mark. The paper is not jammed, and the paper tray is correctly positioned.....what else could be the problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank You for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

Did the yellow exclamation mark just appear or did you have a jam first?

Customer:

just appeared

carlday1 :

Is it flashing next to a toner colour?

Customer:

a toner colour does flash when actually printing copies, but that never prevents printing until the flashing colour become permanent.

carlday1 :

I am looking at the service manual at the moment but it is not too helpful.

Are any of the toners running low?

Customer:

yes, one is flashing low when printing, but that often means there is at least a month to go before it runs out. It doesnt trigger the flashing exclamation mark....

carlday1 :

Have you had a paper jam recently? Could you have a good look inside the printer for any scraps of paper floating about.

I have had printers in the past where the paper jam was removed but a small piece of paper was left behind and days later it managed to trigger a jam.

carlday1 :

If you have a torch have a good look around with a torch.

When you turn the printer off and on does it make a noise?

Customer:

that may be possible, and i'll check when the machine is cooler. Do not take this the wrong way,but I'm 70 years old and living on a state pension and worried this may be costing me more than I can afford

Customer:

are you still there?

carlday1 :

I am afraid I cannot help you with a pricing problem. I have to send that to customer service.

When you rate my answer I will get paid, until you rate the answer the price you agreed has been taken from your payment method but is able to be refunded by customer service should you not wish to continue or should you not be happy with the service.

Once you have rated my answer should you decide you are not happy customer service will be able to help in refunded the payment.

Customer:

ok, I think it's better if we stop now....but thank you for your comments

carlday1 :

Ok if you would like a refund you will need to contact customer service.

Customer:

thank you.