Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Epson Stylus SX445W printer - printing colour all over the

Epson Stylus SX445W printer - printing colour all over the pg- in blocks or multiple lines of each, what is the problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried cleaning the machine?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I ran 'nozzlecheck'; head cleaning & head alignment options on the maintenance button

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok those are the internal cleaning methods try this and use those once afterwards before checking by printing this page.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No difference after that total process ! Any other ideas?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
How did the page come out when you printed it?
Are you using genuine epson ink cartridges?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they are genuine epson.

Its printing everything on the page 4 times - a line of each colour.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok to clarify it printed everything on this page with our conversation when you tried to print it properly but it did it 4 times?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am printing a simple doc I used earlier - yes as I said at the start - printing multiple lines of each colour - the cleaning made no difference

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
As I said before please try printing this page and let me know how this page comes out. This will rule out that doc as well as that program.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok - it is printing this pg well! - What does that mean?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That means it is either that program or that document causing the issue and not the printer. To find out which open a different document or create a new one in that same program and try to print it. Let me know what happens.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a pdf file - I tried another and its still not printing correctly - is there something I can do?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
What pdf reader/program are you using?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Adobe

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Adobe has some bugs when it comes to printers.
Download and install the free foxit here: Click Here
Try opening them with that and printing from there.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry had to leave task for a while - downloaded foxit and re-started PC - still no luck.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You need to open the pdf in foxit instead of adobe and print it within foxit to test it.
It does not change adobe at all so you did not have to restart.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Doesn't print in any case - opened through foxit - no difference. I think I'll just bring a document to PC store and see if they can throw any light on the problem. Thanks for all your help.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok if you want to continue you can come back and let me know the same way you did before. Please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience