Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

MP 230 printer has yellow solid light beside B on panel. Have

Customer Question

MP 230 printer has yellow solid light beside B on panel. Have changed black cartridge, but light stays on and won't print. Suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Does it ever change from B and give you a number? Like B200 for example.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Before we continue I need to make sure you are aware and understand it is possible that you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you want to cancel knowing that just reply with cancel, if you want to continue knowing you may need a part I need to know how old the machine is and if there was anything else before this like a paper jam.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

May 2013. No paper jam

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
When you open the machine to the ink cartridges move over properly?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they move to the centre. I've tried replacing the cartridge

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If it were the ink cartrtidges the light for the cartridge should be blinking. Is the orange light blinking at all? If it is, it should flash in a pattern what is the pattern?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not blinking. Solid, just beside the B. Hence I tried replacing the black cartridge without success

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that would make this a general error then unfortunately. Turn the machine off then unplug it and disconnect the usb cable (if there is one connected if not skip any USB cable steps).
Remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.
Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper.
Turn the machine on and then connect the usb cable. Then please test the machine and see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.