Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Brother HL2700CN Laser Printer -- Streaks on printout --- Changed

Customer Question

Brother HL2700CN Laser Printer -- Streaks on printout --- Changed Toner Cartridge still the same. Have set to mono printing (Black) The fonts are crisp & Clear but streaks across the page . Can you help
Category: Printers
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

HI,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

Are the streaks across the page? If they are, it could be many things.

If the streaks are on all colours the first thing I would check would be the transfer belt. If you remove the toner carrier the transfer belts is underneath and just lifts out. It is very likely that the belt has a line on it and that is what is causing the streaks.

The transfer belt looks like this.

Full Size Image

Don't touch the belt as it will leave a finger print that will appear on your prints.

Customer :

what is the solution to this -- is it replace belt?

Customer :

the streaks are only black ------ no colour sreaks

carlday1 :

If the streaks are only black and the toner is new I suspect it is the black drum. The drum is part of the drum unit. Have a look at the black drum if you take the toner cartridge out you will see the drum have a look for a line on it or a worn patch.

Customer :

what does the black drum look like -- ive taken out all the toners black /yellow/majenta/cyan -- can see the transfer belt --

carlday1 :

I am sorry I thought your printer had separate drums units but on checking this morning you only have toners and the transfer belt. If the transfer belt was damaged you would have streaks on all colours. When you look at the black toner is the toner covering the front roller fully there are not lines in it.

Have you checked the waste toner bottle?

Are the streaks white or black?

How regular are the streaks on the page? Are you able to send me a picture of a print out?

Customer :

The streaks are black (you wouldn't see white streaks on a white page) The waste toner bottle is empty -- Black toner looks ok (I have even tried a different toner - still the same) I'll scan page and send on to you shortly -- Thanks