Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

How can I close the cover of a Conon MG8150 printer. I have

How can I close the cover of a Conon MG8150 printer. I have taken all the ink cartridges out and pushed them back in but still it does not close.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What happens when you try to close it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing happens whatsoever. It's as if the cover is jammed in the open position but there is no noise or hint of anything happening.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok try this lift the cover a little bit higher and let it go completely.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy

Lifted the lid as high as I could,even to the point of lifting the printer, and let it go. It closed very slightly so I did it again and it closed a bit more to the point where I could push it closed with some resistance.

I have checked that it prints and after much whirring it eventually performed the task.

Thanks Freddy

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.