Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My BrotherDCP-130C IS NOT WORKING IT READS CANNOT CLEAN

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Before we start I need to make sure you are aware it is possible that you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please go ahead

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok you mentioned opening the scanner cover what exactly did you check?
If you open the machine do the ink cartridges move properly?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where are the ink cartridges?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Open the cover and look at this area, do you see what is circled here?

image

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have looked and cannot tell if there is anything wrong

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
We haven't not gotten that far yet all I asked is if you could see what was circled in that picture. If you did which side was it on the left or the right?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is on the right

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately it being on the right is a very bad sign and indicates a hardware failure. How old is the machine?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About 8 years old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Darn if it was under 4 with an extended warranty the part would be covered. I really hate to tell you this and wish I did not have to but in order to fix this you would need to replace the print head assembly which is the part I had you check. You can get the part from here: Click Here It would take about an hour for a technician to replace it.

Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.