Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

printer MG8150 I cannot make the screen operate. photos and

Customer Question

printer MG8150 I cannot make the screen operate. photos and printing via computer is ok.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Could you please explain the issue briefly? Buttons on the printer does not work?

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The screen on the printer is alight but does not change when I touch the symbols =, i.e. Set-up. I have been trying to scan and cannot get to the instructions.

Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

Please turn off the printer, unplug all its cables, then press and hold the power button for one minute. Then, wait for two minutes and plug in the cables back. Restart the printer and check if the issue persists.

Please let me know the operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7 or click here to know the operating system) and connection type (USB or wireless), so that I can assist you better with scanning from the computer.

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

operating system windows 7, connection wireless.

Expert:  Shefin replied 3 years ago.

Please try scanning using the following and let me know if you are not able to do that.

1. Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
  2. Click Scan at the bottom of the left pane.

3. On the toolbar, click New Scan.

4. In the New Scan dialog box, click the Profile list, and then choose Photos/Documents. The default settings for scanning a document, which you can use or change, are automatically displayed.

5. To see how your document will appear when scanned, click Preview.

6. Click Scan.

S H E F I N