Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Hallow, yesterday I bought a Canon Pixma ip7250

Customer Question

Hallow,
yesterday I bought a Canon Pixma ip7250 printer mainly for the purpose of
printing directly onto a disc rather than having to use a stick on label. Although I
have installed it and letters are printed, when I try to this with a disc a message
appears saying:
' Cannot print because a printer supported by this software is not
installed.'
What do I do to get it working?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What software are you printing (or trying to print) from?

What sort of computer, Windows PC or Apple, do you have to print from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mr Russell H.

I am trying to print from a from the software that

was already installed in the printer from a MacBook Pro.

What software was installed to print from the MacBook Pro? I need a program name, such as that which appears in the top bar or title bar of the program window.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Mr.Russel H.

I have tried to print onto a disc using a program that

came with the printer it is named: My Image Garden.

Version 2.0.1 [2.0.1].

My Image Garden is for printing images, on a photo printer.

You can't use it to print to a CD.

Do you have a manual? if not, there's one available online. Let me know if you'd like to have a URL citation where you can obtain it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Russell again.

No I do not have a manual explaining how this program

works. All that came with the printer were the basic instructions for setting

it up,which I have done via a wireless connection to the computer.

Image Garden has a facility within it to design round CD or DVD

surfaces as well as square photos for box inserts etc. The printer comes

with a separate tray in which to place a CD or DVD when you want to print a design. If I can't use it to print a CD surely it would not be included

in the package which I bought.

I just want to know how to get this thing to function correctly.

Thank you ,

Michael

Perhaps I was mistaken and 'My Image Garden' does allow printing to CD labels - or perhaps it designs the labels but prints them? I doubt that.

My Image Garden's documentation says that it can indeed be used to print to a CD label.

Others have had this problem with this error message about 'no printer installed' with MAC OS X versions of fairly recent release.

In one case the proposed solution was,
1. open Print And Scan, remove the printer from the printers list
2. then add the printer back in, but do not use 'nearby printers' or anything below it, instead use the
Add Printer or Scanner...
option, then select 'Canon PIXMA ip7200 series' or something like that, not Airprint nor other non-specific option.

After that hopefully the My Image Garden software will recognize the printer as present, when you go to the Print option after designing a CD label. Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.