Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Kodak ESP C110AiO XPS K039860 kodak SN gets message that

Customer Question

Kodak ESP C110AiO XPS K039860 kodak SN gets message that USB device not recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. I have Packard Bell All in One computer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Is the Kodak connecting directly to the computer?

Or into a USB Hub that connects to the computer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The printer had been connected to port that had damaged pin.

But the printer will still not work if USB cable is connected to another port.

The damage to the original port may have to be repaired.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

What happens when you plug it into another port?

You get the same error?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I get the same error. Is the £21 the charge for one consultation with an expert? Or is a monthly charge?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
One time charge Ronald

When you say you reinstalled the Kodak software, did you also uninstall the printer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The printer can print photocopies.

i cannot print Word Documents.

I do not think I uninstalled the printer.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the photocopies are normal, as it is not using the data port Ronald.

I want you to reinstall the printer.

So I can give you the instructions, can you tell me which version of windows (or Mac) you are using please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I use Windows 7.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Can you close all programs.

Click start, Device and Printers.

Right click on the Kodak printer and select Remove.

Once done, restart the computer, install the printer and tell me if it now functions please.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

have tried what you asked.. I have not uninstalled the software.

On devices and printers I have Microsoft XPS Document Writer with large Tick in green background, but the kodak symbol has nothing beside it.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, right click on the Kodak printer, then set it as default.

Then try to print to it please.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have set Kodak printer to default. Tried printing e-mail. Printer works..

But all I receive is blank sheet. Do I need new printer or is damaged computer port to blame?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We still need to confirm this.

Restart the computer now Ronald and tell me if it now prints correctly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard--Window from Kodak is appearing "Printer not responding".

Nothing is being printed. When I press Start button on printer. the machine works but all I get is blank sheet.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the printer has faulted, and it is the port Ronald.

Is it still under warranty? And if not, do you have a wireless network available there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The Packard BL Computer was purchased 09/09/2011. The Standard Guarantee Expiry date is 09/09/2012.

The Kodak C110 printer was purchased 15/10/2011..

The computer is wireless only in that the keyboard and mouse work on batteries. Both the Printer and Computer are connected to one connection point with a Power Block.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, the warranty would have expired, and repairing this will be costly and not economically feasible.

But, if you have a wireless network router, we can connect it to this instead of using a cable?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is a wireless network router and who would fix this up?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I would help you here to do this.

First, what is the make and model of your internet modem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What is an internet modem?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the box that is provided to you by your internet provider.

Where your computer connects to to get internet.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My internet provider is Three.co.uk. But I never received a Box from that company. i have a 3 mobile number and a Huawei E367 Dongle.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you don't have wireless sorry Ronald, so you wont be able to do it this way.

You will have to replace the printer sorry.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Two last questions. Should the printer have been able to work on any port on my computer? Do I need to have the damaged port on the computer repaired?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the printer would work straight away on any of the ports on the printer Ronald.

The problem is not the port on the printer (so it should not need repairing) but the port on the printer.

Feel free to ask if you would like any additional information please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard--- Do you mean that the printer would work straight away on any port on the computer!. Do you also mean the problem is the port on the computer?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Correct, Any port on the computer.

The problem is the port on the PRINTER Ronald.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard--thanks very much for your help. The problem has involved two trips toPC world and work by remote control without much progress in finding the solution. I shall just have to purchase a new printer and hope for the best!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome

And any problems with the new printer, just let me know here please Ronald.