Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a cannon mg5350 printer which is showing an error code

Customer Question

I have a cannon mg5350 printer which is showing an error code of B200 how do i fix it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Unplug the printer from the power outlet while it is still on > Unplug all cables from the back of the printer > While the printer is off, press and hold the power button for 1 minute, then release > Leave the printer off for 1 hour

Finally, while holding down the stop/cancel button (or just the power button if you don't have those), plug the printer back in, and all cables, then power on the printer if it doesn't do so automatically.

If it is still giving the error, the B200 error indicates that the printhead inside has overheated and shorted out. This can happen when the ink has run out and printing is continued, causing permanent damage to the nozzles, or the printhead voltage is abnormal because there is something wrong with the logic board, either way the printhead and logic board may need to be replaced to make the error go away.

Since these are major parts, unfortunately the cost of repairs may be more than a new printer itself, (if the printer is out of warranty, if you are in warranty they are completely covered). If it is under warranty then you will need to return it to have it replaced, else, economically, you would have to purchase a replacement printer as the cost of repairing this exceeds the value of the printer.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.