Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I HAVE A CANON IPF63OO DID A PRINT THIS MORNING AND WENT

I HAVE A CANON IPF63OO

DID A PRINT THIS MORNING AND WENT TO DO SECOND BUT GETTING ERROR MSG:

03130031-2F49 EVERY TIME I TRY TO PRINT. PRINTER SAYS SHUT DOWN WAIT AND RESTART I HAVE DONE THAT NOW ABOUT 4 TIMES BUT EVERY TIME I TRY TO PRINT UP POPS THE ERROR MSG. HAVE ALSO TRIED REBOOTING MAC COMPUTER
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Please turn off caps lock when replying it is very hard on the eyes, before we start I need to make sure you understand it is very possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Understand please provide more information on the cause of the problem

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
First I need to make sure I haveall the error codes, try to turn it off and on a few times. You may need to unplug it to get it to turn off. Does the end of the error stay 2F49 everytime?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Have turned it off/on several times. The f249 code appaers every time I try to print. (The machine says ready)

I tried cleaning the print heads but after 15 mins got new error msg

03800500-2F42

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok thank you for the second error, how did you try to clean it?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

using the utility programme

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Have you tried cleaning it by hand at all? The second error can be caused by the cartridges needing to be reseated or a build up of ink. Specifically the left print head. This can also cause your first error when you try to print, hopefully this is what it is. You can use a small amount of warm water and lint free cloths or cotton swabs to clean it.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Never done that, am a bit nervous about introducing water into the printer I'll reseat all the cartridges first to see if that helps.

Not sure how to access the print heads to clean with swabs.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
All you would need to do is remove the ink cartridges. Clean the area the ink cartridges were seated into. Use a tiny bit of warm water less than damp on the end of the swabs. Most people use alcohol but that can damage some printers which is why we use water instead.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I took out the paper roll there appears to be deposits of cyan ink on the reverse of the paper where the machine has been feeding the paper in and out

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If you can get it to print you should be able to run a few blank pages through to fix that, However you will want to check your Cyan if it is leaking it needs to be replaced. Did the errors go away?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I Checked all 12 ink cartridges they all appear to be 'clean' and the slots for each are like new - no trace of ink. I do not know how to access the print heads to clean. I know there are two but do not know the instruction to stop the print head halfway in order to access them.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You would just need to clean the area the ink cartridges sit inside of. Doing that you will clean the print heads. After doing that do the errors stay the same?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have changed the paper roll and put 'proofing' paper in and produced a good print.

The error code did not come up.

Must have been a problem with the S/A vinyl I was trying to use earlier.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
The error is caused by either a dirty print head or a cartridge that needs to be reseated. The second error could however be caused by paper. If the error comes back please let me know as it can mean you need a new part usually the print head on the left or the main pcb. If you have any questions let me know if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.