Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

ESP 3.2 all in one printer says it has a paper jam, but have

ESP 3.2 all in one printer says it has a paper jam, but have taken all paper out but
still says "paper jam clear all paper (code 3553] "

What can I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you get a piece of card please, and feed this through the printer, pushing it right through. Even a small piece of paper, hard to see, that is touching the sensor, will cause it to still think it has a paper jam, so feeding a piece of card through it should clear all bits of paper, no matter how small, out.

Once done, turn the printer off then on and tell me if you still get the error please.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it is still saying the same error

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, shake the printer a bit hard to try to loosen it (turn it off first).

Does this clear the error?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I shook it and it photocopied one sheet and then the paper jam

sign came on this time Code 3618

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Helen,

It is either the rollers or the sensor that is causing this problem, we have now confirmed this. It is not related to the firmware.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this repaired. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the repair will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.