Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642
Printers

I have a printer error Code: 0xF1 and I do not know how to

clear it. It also says... Show More
clear it. It also says to remove any objects or documents inside of the ADF. I cant find anything jammed in it. Can someone help please?
Category: Printers
Show Less
Freddy M., Technician
replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Please give me the entire and exact error message it is giving you.
.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Automatic Document Feed (ADF) error. Remove any objects or documents inside of the ADF. Error Code: 0xF1

Freddy M., Technician replied 2 years ago.
.
Is that error showing only on the computer or is the pritner showing an error as well?
.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Just on the printer

.
Can you remove the duplexer and check for a paper jam there for me?

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I just did. There is nothing jammed in it.

.
Can you check the scanner unit before the adf next please:

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I have just done both. No jams in either. Still the same.

.
Ok one last place to check is around the ink cartridges, you would want to check there with a flash light as it can be hard to see small pieces.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I have just checked there with a flash light. I cant find anything there either. Still the same.

.
If you were to try and change the ink cartridges, even just to reseat the ones already installed do they move over to you properly?
.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

No it does not move. It is stock.

.
Are you able to reseat the ink cartridges?
How old is the machine?
If it is over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty with it?
.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Over a year and no I did not get an extended warranty.

.
Darn, unfortunately you may need a new part from what we have checked so far. You did not answer my other question, Are you able to reseat the ink cartridges?
.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I have reseated all the cartridges. Still the same.

.
Darn, I was afraid of that, when not caused by a improperly seated ink cartridge or a paper jam I am sorry to say 0xF1 indicates that the print head can not move properly. To fix this the print head normally needs to be replaced. On Epson xp machines it is fixed so Epson would need to replace it. On most machines they have a 1 year standard warranty but on some it is 2 years. So I would call 0870(NNN) NNN-NNNNjust in case yours happens to still be under warranty.

A new print head normally costs between $60 and $80. It would take about 30 minutes to an hour for a tech to replace it at their shop rate. Most Shops charge between $65 and $75 per hour. Due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If this machine is still covered Epson will normally replace it. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX could have given you better news. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your Epson or this site.
.