Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I Have a Canon MP600R Scanner/Printer which suddenly wont

I Have a Canon MP600R Scanner/Printer which suddenly won't scan. I go through my normal routine until I get to "Click on Printer and Scan" but I then can't Select Scan or

What do I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac are you using?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mac OSX Lion

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Uninstall the printer from your mac.To do that click on the apple menu and then system preferences.
Click on print and fax, then click on your printer, click on the minus (-) symbol to remove it.

Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the mac.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the printer either using the disc or go back to where you removed it and click on the + symbol.

Only connect the usb cable when the mac asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Basically I am a computer illiterate but managed to get a friend to sort it out for me. The following is her explanation.

"Managed to fix problem. The mac upgrade had removed the drivers. Re downloaded them and all okay". To me this sounds like your solution but things like reinstall the computer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is indeed exactly what I gave you, they just skipped the first 2 steps I gave you, which is good if the drivers were missing because you would not have been able to do the first 2, I would have told you to skip them and then follow the rest. The rest was to reinstall the drivers. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.