Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Andrew here. Sadly the problem isnt fixed. Two pages copied

Andrew here. Sadly the problem isn't fixed. Two pages copied ok, followed by blank sheets. What now?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If you try to print this page does it come out blank?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Blank after one good page, then rapidly deteriorated.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Remove the ink cartridges again and then lift the latch on the carriage.
Now remove the print head which the latch should have released.

Soak the print head in warm water for about 10 minutes.
Then cheap it, wipe it with a lint free cloth, or cotton swabs (lint can get in the nozzles).

Then repeat the same thing until the water becomes clear when you soak it.
Put it back in the machine, put the ink cartridges back in and test it again.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No resolution of problem unfortunately. After three soakings of the print head, a B/W copy came through totally blank. I tried a colour copy, wondering if the problem was confined to the 4th channel (large black). Colours copied OK, but black areas were grey/streaky. I therefore replaced the large black cartridge with a fresh one, and tried a B/W run. Sadly, after two OK pages, rapidly deteriorated over the next four pages with fainter streaks, finally ending with a blank page. Any other ideas?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately if the same thing happened I am sorry to say it means the print head needs to be replaced. The reason you can still get color but not black is that the print head has Nozzles for each cartridges. Only the black nozzle is damaged but unfortunately it is a solid piece so you can not replace just one nozzle.

The part number is XXXXX which you can get from here: Click Here This is the cheapest I have found it and the seller ships worldwide. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm obviously disappointed, particularly as I have urgent copying to do before a Choir rehearsal next Monday. Is there a UK supplier for the part? Although it says the part shown is for an MP630, it is clearly different from mine, with 7 channels rather than 5, so I am reluctant to order from Hong Kong, especially as it talks about 7-day delivery. Any thoughts?

Andrew

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I completely understand your frustration and sincerely XXXXX XXXXX could have given you better news. There is this one but it is more expensive as well: Click Here The image on the hong kong listing is of a generic print head not yours. I am not sure why they did not take a picture of it in the official package like this uk site did. If you call smaller local shops they may have a used one they can pull out of another machine to sell you as well. The ip4600, ip4700, mp630, and mp640 all use the same print head. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience