Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

We have a Canon iP3500 printer - we cannot get the green light

We have a Canon iP3500 printer - we cannot get the green light to come on which indicates that we have power from the mains. I have changed the fuse in the mains plug but to no effect. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Where is the green light that is not turning On? in the AC adapter or 'power brick', or on the printer itself?

How old is the printer?

Has it been powered directly from the mains, or has it been powered through a power strip equipped with power surge protection features?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The green light is part of the printer - you press the button in and a green light comes on to indicate the power is on.

The printer is c5 years old - we realise that it may have come to the end of its natural life!

It is powered through a power strip - everything else on the strip appears to be working properly. The strip does not have power surge protection.

Switch outlets on the power strip anyway, just to make sure that one outlet didn't burn out or otherwise go bad (which can and does happen, I have seen it so at least once in my working lifetime).

After that, yes, your iP3500 printer may have gotten to the end of its practical lifetime, since repair might cost more than the printer would be worth even repaired (as opposed to the slightly greater cost of a replacement printer that would be new and covered by warranty for a year - which would justify the greater cost). But repair would certainly needed to get this printer working again, as opposed to recycling it and replacing it.

Let me know if I can help any further with whatever course you decide to take. Thanks.