Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

The waste ink absorber on my Canon iP2200 printer is full and

The waste ink absorber on my Canon iP2200 printer is full and needs technical attention. I cannot find a Canon representative near where I live. My address is:

Doon Cottage
88 Findhorn
Forres
Moray IV36 3YG

Please can you tell me who I can go to for this Canon printer repair? I am self-employed and require continual use of my printer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Mrs Janet Waddington
Tel 01309 691437
Mobile: 07736 176506
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

First we will try to solve this here

On the printer

press resume button and then press power button

release the resume button and press 2 more times then release both

press and release resume 4 times and power 2 times

Tell me if it now functions please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The printer has been working perfectly well and had not stopped functioning. It isn't necessary to undertake the steps you give me to make it function, as I have been doing virtually this in order to print. However, I have done the actions you give me.

There is still a message flashing up, when I ask the printer to print, saying the waste ink absorber is full and it requires technical attention. You have not answered my question as to where there is a Canon agent within reasonable distance of my address where I can take the printer to obtain this repair.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Many thanks,

Janet Waddington

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hi Janet

Moray IT can do this for you, and you can contact them on 013 43 611 408

Their address isXXXXX Elgin, Morayshire, IV30 1TY

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have spoken to Moray IT twice and to their technicians. They are not Canon representatives, are not trained in Canon equipment and have no facility for repairing Canon printers nor have the necessary parts. They specialise in Epson. They once again told me to refer to Canon and find out where the nearest Canon representative is. Do you not have this information?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, I have never had this response from then before, but the closes Canon repair center to you is

Unit 3 Wintonlea
Monument Way West
Woking
Surrey
GU21 5EN

Tel: 01483 776 060
Fax: 01483 721 389

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX you give me the information I need! I have had a word with this repair centre. Bearing in mind the costs involved in sending it 650 miles and the repair itself, I have decided that when the printing function no longer works properly because the waste ink absorber is full I shall have to buy a new printer.

With many thanks,

Janet Waddington

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No problem Janet, I was trying to first solve it with you here, and then give you a repair store close to you that I never had issues with in the past.

It has been a few months since I used them, so appears their policies have changed.

I was just trying to make the repair as easy for you as possible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, Richard. Moray IT changed hands a year or two ago. They are a good company and very helpful with most things. I quite understand you were trying to prevent any major repair costs. I shall struggle on until the printer finally gives up the ghost.

Best regards,

Janet Waddington

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Janet

If you need anything else, please let me know.

and please remember to click one of the smiley faces below.