Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

RE Brother MFC-J4410DW I want to print labels but I get a

RE Brother MFC-J4410DW
I want to print labels but I get a paper jam immediately I start (using tray1)

What do I have to do to print labels?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What label stock are you using, please? and where are you trying to feed it, or place it, in the printer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Avery white inkjet labels J8159. I removed the plain paper from tray 1 which is the one at the front low down and inserted the necessary number of label sheets (about 7 sheets). The first sheet went about 1 cm to the rear and the machine stopped and said "rear paper jam" I tried this a few times with the same result.

The information available to me indicates that yes, your model can print labels.

But they must be 8 1/2 by 11 inch sheet labels.
The sheet of labels must be placed in the manual feed slot.
You must hold up the sheet as it feeds in - their is no paper support on the manual feed slot.
Labels must of course not be loose or turned up at the edge.

http://www.brother-usa.com/FAQs/Solution.aspx?FAQID=200000046851&Model=1936&ProductID=MFCJ4410DW&Keyword=labels#.U3ZKQXb7FyE

is where to find detailed instructions on how to print labels successful.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Avery labels are 8.25 inches by 11.75 inches. Please confirm that this will work

It could work, through the manual feed slot, if you follow all directives on the web page, and if the slightly extra length does not prove to be a problem.