Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

How do I stop my computer printing the file names when trying

Customer Question

How do I stop my computer printing the file names when trying to print of an incoming letter?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me what you are printing, and where the file names are that you are trying not to print.

The incoming letter is presumably an email you have received. But, have you received it in MS Outlook? or in some form of web email, within a web browser window? If that latter, then what web browser, Internet Explorer, or Mozilla Firefox, or something else?

With that information I ought to be able to advise you as to what can be done. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The file names sit to the left of the screen and then the e-mail fills the rest., but it prints off both the file names and the e-mail. It comes in Outlook
How are you sending the print to the printer? via Ctrl-P, perhaps? or through some sort of menu or option selection?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I press file and then print
OK. You need to select a Style of printing, in the Print dialog.

The Style you need to select seems to be Memo style, which will print just the email as you see it on the screen.

To get into the Style selection, you first bring up the Print dialog, then you select the Print Style (which is an option in your Print dialog box) to be Memo style. Then send that to print.

See if that helps with the problem. Let me know, please. Thanks.

(If that isn't the answer, then going into your Page Setup, or going into Edit in Define Print Styles and defining the 'Folders list' - which is what you mean by the file names - out of your printout, perhaps, may be the solution.)