Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Canon printer PIXMA MG5150 says: B200 Printer error has

My Canon printer PIXMA MG5150 says:
B200
Printer error has occurred
What should I do please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Before we start I need to make sure you understand it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Some people prefer to cancel when they find out they may need a new part, if you want to do that reply with cancel, if you want to continue knowing you may need a new part let me know you want to continue.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I need new parts I think I will cancel

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
As I mentioned it is possible but we can not know for sure without troubleshooting. Do you still want to cancel knowing it is possible?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No let's trouble shoot

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok the first thing we will want to do is open it as if you were going to change the ink cartridges, do they move over to you?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I switch on with the cover open the ink cartridges move along

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that rules out them not moving causing the issue.
Next we will want to clean the machine to see if that helps at all, or if the error changes.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried it still the same

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Did the error change or is it still B200?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still B200

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.
This video explains how to do that: Click Here You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.