Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

error 5C20 has appeared on my printer 980 - Help please

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Before we start I need to make sure you understand it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Some people prefer to cancel when they find out they may need a new part, if you want to do that reply with cancel, if you want to continue knowing you may need a new part let me know you want to continue.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

continue

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok the first thing to check is open the machine as if you were going to change the ink cartridges do they move over to you?
.