Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Photosmart printer 7510 bought in Feb 2012 has been perfect.

Customer Question

My Photosmart printer 7510 bought in Feb 2012 has been perfect. Today it will not switch on. We checked fuses and plugs and they are OK.
Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help you today.

Do you have connected the printer, directly with the wall socket or with and power surge protector ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes to a power surge protector

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Please disconnect the power cord from the printer then, wait for 10 mins. after that connect the power cord with the wall socket, directly and let me know the result.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did disconnect the power cord from the printer for 10 minutes and connected it to wall socket.

I tried to switch on without success

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Do you mean, the printer is completely dead, no lights etc. ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. That is what I said at the begining of our conversation.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, As I said at the beginning it will not switch on.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Can you check the images below and let me know, whichtype of power cord you are using with the printer ?

//f01.justanswer.com/ref/http_i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/809/787/383%252F383787809_434.jpg