Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I HAVE A PIXMA MP560 PRINTER(WI-FI) WHICH HAS BEEN NO PROBLEM;

I HAVE A PIXMA MP560 PRINTER(WI-FI) WHICH HAS BEEN NO PROBLEM; I HAD JUST PRINTED AN EMAIL OK AND THIS MESSAGE APPEARED IN THE LITTLE FLAP

"B200
PRINTER ERROR HAS OCCURRED. UNPLUG THE POWER CORD AND CONTACT THE SERVICE CENTRE"

I HAVE UNPLUGGED THE POWER CORD.

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR ADVICE

JIM KEAN
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Before we start I need to make sure you understand it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Some people prefer to cancel when they find out they may need a new part, if you want to do that reply with cancel, if you want to continue knowing you may need a new part let me know you want to continue.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I WILL LEAVE IT YOU AND WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok the first thing we will want to do is open it as if you were going to change the ink cartridges, do they move over to you?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that rules out them not moving causing the issue.
Next we will want to clean the machine to see if that helps at all, or if the error changes.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.