Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

print coming out very faint even with a new cartridge on my

Customer Question

print coming out very faint even with a new cartridge on my brother DCP 7055 laser printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

There are a few possible causes of this, but it is most likely a bad drum.

Nathan :

That is a simple and relatively inexpensive fix, you just install a new drum unit.

Nathan :

If that still doesn't help, then replacing the fuser (fixing unit) would be next. This is relatively inexpensive as well, assuming you go with a generic part. If you buy OEM brother parts for both, it wouldn't be worth fixing, you could replace the entire printer for less than the cost of parts, starting with a whole new system and a fresh warranty.

Nathan :

If both of these fail, which is unlikely, then the fault is in the laser/optics, which wouldn't be repairable at a practical cost, that would require replacing the entire system as well, but again this is very unlikely. I would start with the drum replacement.

JACUSTOMER-1l4vawp8- :

Thanks. We will try that

Nathan :

You're welcome

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, and have a good day,

Nathan

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Hi Miriam,
Just checking in to see how you got along with the new drum?

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. Note that this step is required; as it is the only way I get credit for my time (from your existing deposit, no extra charge). I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, and have a good day,
Nathan