Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

photos are not sharp in detail and different shades to ori

photos are not sharp in detail and different shades to original
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model printer is this?
Have you already tried cleaning it?
If you did clean it, how did you clean it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Freddy, My printer is a Kodak esp 3.2s.

I have not tried to clean it,please advise me how if you think this might be the problem. The problem has been very sudden and affects photos from my computer and sd card direct to printer. I look forward to your suggestions. Thank you Alan

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello again, Unfortunately after following your cleaning instructions results have not improved. All I can offer is that I have not been using original Kodak brand cartridges for some time but refills instead. The results have been excellent but am I now creating problems for myself?

A photo from an sd card shows no depth and the blue sky affects the whole scene.A print of your answers from my computer show the pictures of yourself ok but still blue but the script is very faint and also blue.. Over to you!.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Refills can cause this, can you try genuine cartridges for me?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try genuine cartridges as you suggest but I live rurally and it may take me a day or so to obtain some. I will advise whether successful or not in due course,how should I best re-establish contact with you?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions. Take all the time you need.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Freddy, I am pleased and relieved to say that fitting genuine Kodak cartridges has solved my problems. I have learned my lesson. Thank you for your time and advice. Alan

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.