Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My Canon Prima MG5350 printer is displaying error code 6A81.

My Canon Prima MG5350 printer is displaying error code 6A81. I've tried turning it on and off but this is making no difference.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is a purge unit error. There maybe something jamming the purge unit or just a absorber out of place which is picking up on the carriage preventing it from moving correctly.

If you can move the carriage away from the purge (its where the printhead/carriage parks its self on the right side of the machine) with no resistance then you can shine a torch into the machine and look at the purge unit.

There maybe crumpled paper jammed in the purge. If you see it, remove the paper and then turn it off then on and tell me please if you still get the error.

Let me know the results please