Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

WHAT INFO DO YOU HAVE ON ROLAND PRINTERS PARTICULARLY DEFE

Customer Question

WHAT INFO DO YOU HAVE ON ROLAND PRINTERS PARTICULARLY DEFECTS
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I have some info on Roland printers, and often handle questions involving Roland printers.

Please tell me what the problem is, and (if the problem is not the sum total of the question) what the question is. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

still awaiting for reply to my printer queries raised last night. the fault was passed on.

Please tell me what your printer's problem actually is. Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the on /off switch on the main control panel comes on for a second and then switches its self off ,

this is the sequence of events , there are 2 fans 1 of them is running before the switch is put on , the switch stays on until the second fan kicks in then it switches the main panel off .

David

It sounds like a short circuit to me. The power switch switching Off so soon, signifies that the circuit breaker built-in to the power switch is sensing excessive current drawn by the printer, and is shutting the printer Off again to prevent burnout.

Aside from checking visually for anything that might create such a short circuit e.g. loose metal debris, parts come loose and electric parts touching abnormally, etc., you may also need other troubleshooting, such as pulling out a board or disconnecting a section of the printer, then applying power again and seeing whether the short circuit seems to be relieved i.e. the disconnected portion has the short circuit in it (unless it's a minor overload and the removed portion is simply large enough to relieve the overload. That's the catch in this troubleshooting method... small enough portions must be taken out of circuit, for you to be sure of the diagnosis.)

I would do the troubleshooting with the aid of a service manual, if at all possible, unless you are going to turn the job over to a professional repair tech for Roland brand printers, working in person.

Let me know - I may be able to locate a source for a service manual for this printer model, if you would prefer to try working with the aid of such a service manual.

If this answers your question, please rate my Answer - hopefully favorably - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question and case. Thanks.