Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

HP PHOTOSMART PLUS B210 SERIES WIRELESS PRINTER WHEN PRINTER

HP PHOTOSMART PLUS B210 SERIES WIRELESS PRINTER

WHEN PRINTER IS TURNED ON WE CANNOT GET THE HOME SCREEN.
WHAT APPEARS IS THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE.
INK SYSTEM FAILURE Oxc 19a0023.
THE PRINTER WAS OK WHEN WE USED IT LAST AND THE PRINTER CARTRIDGES APPEAR OK.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Before we start I need to make sure you understand it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Some people prefer to cancel when they find out they may need a new part, if you want to do that reply with cancel, if you want to continue knowing you may need a new part let me know you want to continue.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

continued

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TRIED WHAT YOU SAID BUT STILL THE SAME MESSAGE ON SCREEN AS BEFORE

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Please turn off caps lock when replying it is very hard on the eyes, was the 0x number still the same? How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the ox number was the same as before.

the printer is about 4 years old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Darn even with an extended warranty you are no longer covered. With the machine still on unplug it. Then hold down any button for 10 seconds. Plug it back in and turn it on. Is the error still the same?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have tried what you have advised, still the same error message

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok next you would want to remove the ink cartridges then lift the latch on the carriage.
After that remove the print head from the carriage:
Illustration: Remove the printhead
Clean the print head and the carriage itself the best you can the same way you did the cartridges before.
Make sure not to touch the electrical contacts with your finger only the cotton swabs.
Then repeat the same steps unplugging as before and let me know if anything changes.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have tried all you advised on your last reply.

still geting same message

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I was afraid of that, unfortunately that means you either have a failing print head or a failing logic board. If you soak the print head in water for a few minutes, does the water stay clear?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

done what you said with the printhead

the water is cloudy with ink

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok repeat that until it is clear and then test it.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

soaked printhead in water a few times until water was clear.

dryed and replaced printer head in printer. still have error message when put printer back on.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Darn, that rules out the print head which I am sorry to say means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. The part alone can cost about £75 when not under warranty so some people do decide to replace the machine instead. I know this is not what you wanted to hear but want to make sure I am honest with you. If you decide to replace the machine I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your HP or this site.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your help anyway. i think my best option is to buy a new printer. i can buy one in my local dealer for around £50.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome and if you decide you want my help to find one just let me know, I would be happy to do so. If you decide to replace the machine I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If not please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your HP or this site.
.