Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My iP100 will not work, At switch on the printer powers up

My iP100 will not work, At switch on the printer powers up and the green 'on' LED flashes on and off six times and the the yellow 'fault' LED flashes and the two LEDs flash in turn 3 times then the green led stays on for a short period and then the sequence of green - yellow flashing repeats. Continuously.

At the first switch on there is a slight noise of motor running but only for about 5 seconds. I replaced the Black '35' cartridge yesterday and the Color '36' last week and it has all run fine until the3 middle of today when the fault started when I came back from lunch.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

I apologize that the chat got disconnected. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

Could you please let me know the exact number the Alarm Lamp Flashes Orange? Please note the number of flashes and let me know.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi The fault condition was : At switch on the Green LED flashed six times and the the orange LED and the Green LED flashed alternately 3 times and the the whole sequence would repeat itself - ie Green flashing six times then Orange and Green flashed alternately 3 times. While it was in the fault condition there was no sound of motors running and on lifting the inner lid to check on the ink tanks there was no movement anywhere and the print head carriage stayed near the right hand end of it's track making it impossible to check the ink tanks.

However as I mentioned earlier the printer came on at first switch on this morning and has performed perfectly all day.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the information.Please try the instructions below.

1. Disconnect the printer cable from the printer, turn the printer off, and then unplug the printer from the power supply. If the battery is attached, remove it once.
  2. Plug the printer back in and turn the printer back on after leaving it for five minutes or more.

If the problem is not resolved, make sure that the ink tank is set properly.

If the ink tank is not set properly, do not remove it forcibly. Press the Canon logo on the ink tank and set the ink tank properly. After that, perform the steps 1 and 2 once again.

Let me know if the issue persists.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking click the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N
Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.