Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

HP 310a Printer. The printer head carriage does not come to

HP 310a Printer. The printer head carriage does not come to the centre of the carriage rail and I'm getting an error message 0x610000f6. The black in cartridge has also emptied its contents in the resting area on the right hand side.

Does this mean forking out for a new printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Is it also saying ink system failure with the 0x error?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, 0x610000f6.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
The number is XXXXX what I asked, can you double check and see if it says carriage jam or ink system failure for me? They are two different errors, one of which indicates needing a part. The other can be something else.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It doesn't say either. There is no jam as you can see clearly inside and I've had the box on the back of the printer off too.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is odd it should say one or the other, if you checked the entire machine for a jam already including removing the duplexer from the back we can rule that out. Which means it should be saying ink system failure, I really hate to have to tell you this but it not doing so normally indicates a logic board failure. Especially since you were able to move the carriage by hand which means that is not jammed either, it should move freely.

I wish there was another way and that I could tell you differently but with everything you have posted I am confident this is the problem with your machine. This part can be expensive and due to the price some people do decide to replace the machine if it is more than a year old if you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If this machine is under a year old HP will normally cover the part under warranty. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your HP or this site.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the feedback; thought it sounded terminal when I first contacted you.

But I could do with you help on selecting a new HP printer please. My replacement ink cartidges I get from IJT Direct and I still have a good supply of the HP 364 Cartridges; I buy in bunk to last me a year when there is an offer on. So can you recommend a new HP printer that uses the 364 cartidges please?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Any of these models would be compatible:

HP Photosmart 5510/5520 e-All-in-One series
HP Photosmart 6510/6520 e-All-in-One series
HP Photosmart 7520 series
HP Deskjet 3070A e-All-in-One
HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One
HP Officejet 4610/4620

If you are ok with a larger machine personally I would go with this one: Click Here If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your HP or this site.
.