Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Epsom stylus sx425W has stopped printing main text,e.g does

Epsom stylus sx425W has stopped printing main text,e.g does the headlines or part thereof but not the body of texts
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please which version of windows you are using with the printer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

windows 7

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dave.

Can you click Start, Devices and Printers.

Right click on the epson printer and select Printer Properties.

Then click on Print Test Page.

tell me how this page appears please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the only thing on paper is the windows flag in top left corner

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dave.

Can you replace the ink cartridge with a new cartridge and print with this.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi replaced cartridge more text but illegible

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Can you now restart the computer Dave.

tell me if the Text now appears correct please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the text is still illegible

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Dave

On the computer, go to Devices and Printers.

Right click on the printer and select Remove Device to uninstall it.

then restart the computer

Install the printer again and tell me if it now prints correctly please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,sorry for the delay but being a novice at this computer lark it takes a bit of time.I uninstalled and then reinstalled did a test page but now back to only a flag in corner of page.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That's no problem Dave

Is the printhead that has failed, we have confirmed this now as we have removed software as the cause, and you have done the nozzle check and clean.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It it will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for your help Richard it looks like getting a new printer .

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Dave

If you need anything else at all, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please remember to do the service rating by clicking one of the smiley faces below.