Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

When I try to print a received email message, the printer will

Customer Question

When I try to print a received email message, the printer will ignore accompanying pictures. Why?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac are you using?
What email program are you using?
What model printer is it?
If you print this page do the pictures print out?
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've printed this page, with no problem, which is annoying. I'm using a new pretty little Samsung which unfortunately came equipped with Windows 8 which is driving me crazy. I'll try to locate one of the pics I've been trying to print and send it to you to see what's different. And I'm using Windows Live mail, which also came with the settings. But I hate this programme, which keeps doing things I don't ask it to do and not doing things I do want it to. And I hope I can get back to this message while I look for one of those emails: sorry, don't seem to be able to do that, so maybe you can't resolve my problem

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Do not send it to me, the emails do not go to anyone, and printing this page just showed it is an issue specific to windows live mail. Since you hate that program do you want something else? What did you use before on your other computer? There are better free alternatives to it. If not open an email that did this and open print preview, do the images show in the preview?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was used to Windows XP, which always behaved to my satisfaction. I'm told that I can't change it, and that they have even stopped supporting XP. Yes, the preview showed the pics, in the particular one I'm concerned with. For email I used to use something Express - can't remember the full name. You will probably have picked up that I'm not very technical - in fact I'm an old lady but I use it quite a lot. And every now and again the page I'm working on - like this - disappears for no good reason and I have to go searching for it again. Maybe it's just me.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Was it outlook express? If it what I can give you something similar that will work on windowsXXXXXyou do not have to use windows live mail.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, that was it. Outlook Express. I don't even like the layout or Can you offer something similar, at not too great cost?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes actually I would suggest trying out Thunderbird which is 100% free here: Click Here I would recommend it over both windows mail, and windows live mail that newer versions of windows come with, it is by default laid out like this:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

However if you end up wanting to keep windows live mail it sounds like it is not printing background images. That is a setting that it shares with internet explorer. Open internet explorer and click on the gear icon on the top right corner.

Then click on internet options. At the top of this window click on the advanced tab. Make sure Print background images and colours is checked under Printing. Click Apply. Now try printing that message again and see if the images print out. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll try that, and also consider Thunderbird. I may be back to you - meanwhile thank you for your patience. Elizabeth

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome Elizabeth and take all the time you need. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.