cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have worked on printers at my job for over 7 years.
20109878

Hi I have a canon ipf8300Printer when I like to load paper

Customer Question

I have a canon ipf8300
Printer when I like to load paper come with an error with no code saying paper size not detected.
It is doing that with roll and shit
What can I do ??
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Please try setting the paper sizes again manually yourself and then test the printer, let me know if you get an error.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how can I do this

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

.
There should be a switch numbered on the machine to change the size of the paper. Make sure the paper is loaded straight as well, if it is askew this error will come up.
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i can not put manual size i went thrue all setings

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What happens next

Because I was charge £26 pounds for this

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Please do not RATE until you are completely satisfied with my answer.

Can you tell me how old your printer is? Also when did the problem start happening? Did you have an update then it started not loading?

Sounds like your print heads and carriage assembly might be going out. If it is fairly new and under warranty then Canon will replace the parts. If not you can purchase the parts through Canon.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The canon is about 3 years old

So is not that bad.

We do not print much on it but we need it working

As far as I know one of the print head was replaced already.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
Was the carriage assembly replaced also? and also is the roll bent or anything (maybe paper is a little curled?

Also do you have a can of compressed air? Perhaps the optical sensor has accumulated paper dust on it? Just open it up and spray it out with the compressed air then try to print something so it can load the paper.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not help spray full can it should be clean now.

I am trying to put different size and different type of paper non help

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 years ago.
The only thing I can think that is left besides your trying out different paper size is your carriage assembly or the print sensor. If you have sprayed it with the air can then their should not be any dust on the print sensors. Also their should be the left print head and the right print head. Do you know which one had been replaced before?

Also will it load if you use the load button on top of printer instead of it automatically being loaded?