Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

printer will not allow me to replace cartridge, and will not

printer will not allow me to replace cartridge, and will not print, saying there is a paper blockage when the is no paper in!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Turn the machine off and unplug it. Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have tried that, now numbers flashing 0 3 and E, which have been doing all the duration of the problem. orange light under box with electric sign, too. not rinting an dstill tellig me I have paper jam.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
E03 also means paper jam, what happened when you tried what I just gave you?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing. I moved the rack sideways, moving easily. reloaded the cartridge and turned it on. no printing and EO3 flashing! when I lift the lid, the rack would normally move to the centre, it is not doing that atall

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Remove all paper from the machine, look inside the paper tray, output tray and around the ink cartridges for anything that might be jammed.
Without a flash light some things can be very hard to see and something as small as a pin could cause this.

Once you have done that, Unplug the machine without turning it off.
Then hold down the stop/reset button for 10 seconds with it unplugged.

Keep holding the button down and plug it back in.
If it does not turn on while holding the button down, press the power button.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No change. perhaps I could gently vacuum the paper area? A staple MAY have got in. otherwise it still says paper jam and thanks for v clear help.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Do not vacuum unless you have one that is anti static. Instead remove all paper and disconnect all cables. Then hold the machine upside down and shake it a couple times. Push the top of the machine forward a little in the paper feed area as well while doing this, not the rear tray itself but on the machine. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still get paper jam message and have done all you said, you are very good, and helpful> new machine now?!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Unfortunately yes if it is still there it means the feeder has failed and needs to be replaced. Due to the price of the part it is usually cheaper to replace the machine itself. I would recommend looking into the Epson WorkForce series as they are currently the best machines on the market. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not your Canon or this site.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. you have been helpful, and will investigate Epsom, Amanda