Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have a Canon pixma MG 3150 printer and neither my chromebook

I have a Canon pixma MG 3150 printer and neither my chromebook nor my phone is compatible. Rather than buy another printer I would like to buy a cheap mobile phone/tablet which will enable me to print off boarding cards,coupons and vouchers etc. Suggestions PLEASE!
Maralyn
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you today.

Can you tell me the brand and model of the phone, you are using ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Archos 40 titanium

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me, what steps you are taking to print from the phone ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now there is a problem. I'm computer illiterate and so I have had to rely on friends.The one who established that my phone and printer is incompatible is now at home 240 miles away and he's the only one who could answer that question. Sorry I realise that does not help you, it didn't help me much either.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
No, there is no question of compatibility of the printer and phone, the system loaded on the phone is the main issue here and as I can see the specs of your phone the system which is loaded on the phone is android and this support applications, which can print from the phone, but before that, please let me know, if the printer is already connected with wireless network or not ? so that, you can print via wireless .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the light is on suggesting that it is. Please remember if you tell me to do anything I'm a complete numpty!

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Are you able to print from your PC ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've only got a chromebook and the phone and I haven't been able to print from either.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Do you have any wireless Internet connection in your home ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Maralyn for the updates. Now, honestly speaking, it is very difficult to solve your problem, because you will be unable to follow my steps to connect the printer with the wireless network, which you have said already and if you are not able to do so then, you will not be able to print from the phone. I can give you the steps to connect the printer with the wireless network and you can take help from any of your freind or nighbor to follow the solutions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It would be a step in the right direction and if it's in print it should in theory be easier to follow. Shame I can't actually print your instructions off. So please do the best you can and tomorrow who knows it might get sorted. I really thought I would have to buy a new phone or tablet or a cloud ready printer which I didn't want to do as I've only had this one a couple of months.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately, you will need a laptop or desktop to connect the printer with the wireless network, because there is no way to connect the printer using only the control panel on the printer, here is the link where you will get the step by step instructions to connect the printer.

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=40621

You can then, download the app from playstore of your phone , which can help you to print from the phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dynamixsoftware.printershare
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for trying to help. I will obviously have to call in further assistance with a lap top. Fingers crossed. Thanks again. Obviously I won't be able to rate you until I've found my good Samaritan. Maralyn.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
No problem, just reply me back, if you need any help.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Good Samaritan turned up today and I now can print from my phone. I an so grateful for your advice and your patience.I have given you a glowing report. Thankyou again,

Maralyn,xxx

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Maralyn for the update, but I think you have forgotten to give rating here for my time and effort, as you have said, you will give the rating after trying my solution.