Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Canon Pixma MX525, only a few weeks old. Yesterday

I have a Canon Pixma MX525, only a few weeks old. Yesterday it suffered a mild paper jam with just a single sheet of A4. This was easily cleared, but since then the colours are printing with a double image. I have carried out all the recommended cleaning and re-alignment procedures - several times - and changed the ink cartridges, all to no effect. A local technician tells me that it costs more to strip and rectify such problems than the printer is worth, and I should accept that the printer was just a bad buy. What do you think?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Since the printer is less than a year old, I think that it is still covered by Canon's warranty.

(You have done about all your can for it already, I think. The only thing left of course, is to make sure that the printing of a double image is not caused by something odd on the computer - I very much doubt it - by printing a test page produced from the printer's own controls/buttons, and see if that also is double-imaged. I presume you have already done so.)

Contact 0844(###) ###-#### - Canon UK - and put in a failed-within-warranty claim on the printer, for free-of-charge repair or replacement (as they see fit.)

This printer may or may not have been a bad buy, but Canon UK is responsible for it if so, I think.

If this answers your question adequately, please rate my Answer - favorably I would hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck!