Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

I paid a few miutes ago by debit card, but a newcomer. LapTops

I paid a few miutes ago by debit card, but a newcomer. LapTops and elderly something went wrong ,to recap my kodak 5.1 printer has error code 3527 a printhead carriage jam
help!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

There are several possible causes of this problem,

Nathan :

sometimes it's just the result of a paper jam or other internal debris, though it can also be the result of an actual hardware failure. Given the age of the printer, there is a good chance it is simply age related wear and tear, and that the carriage mechanism, printhead, or logic board have failed.

Nathan :

There are some cleaning and reset steps we can attempt here though.

Nathan :

First, open up the top compartment, and also remove the input paper supply.

Nathan :

Look inside for an paper jams, and remove any visible stuck paper or other debris

Nathan :

blow out the inside compartment with compressed air if you can

Nathan :

then remove the ink cartridges, and reseat them

Nathan :

the ink "carriage" should move freely, be sure to check on both sides of it for anything blocking its path

Nathan :

you'll also want to clean the "encoder strip". This is a thin piece of clear plastic running the width of the printer, behind the carriage/printhead. Just wipe it down with a soft cloth and be sure it is free of any streaks or smears of ink or dirt on it

Nathan :

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the mains
wait 5 minutes
press and hold power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Nathan :

If the problem still persists at this point, there is an internal hardware failure. At that point, it's time for a new printer. This one is already past its expected service life, and is not worth fixing, as repairs would cost you £200 on average, while you could replace the entire machine with a brand new and better one from a more reputable manufacturer, with current technology and a fresh warranty, for under 100. If it comes to that, I can recommend some replacement options for you.