Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Kodak ESP C310 which keeps telling me that the printhead

I have a Kodak ESP C310 which keeps telling me that the printhead is loose or missing. I have tried reinstalling the print cartridges & the printhead but it still keeps xccoming up with the same message.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you already tried cleaning it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it won't let me says colour cartridge is missing or not installed correctly

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I actually meant a manual cleaning, it sounds like you have not.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still says the same

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is the cartridge a genuine Kodak cartridge and not generic/refilled?
If you put the old cartridge back in do you get the same error?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they are genuine Kodak cartridges just put a new one in but it's still the same message

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not a good sign, remove the ink cartridges, and then remove the print head from the carriage.
Soak the print head in warm water for 10 minutes, then repeat this until after that 10 minutes the water is clear.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no still the same message

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, how old is the machine? If it is over a year old did you happen to buy an extended warranty?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it's about 2 years old & no I didn't buy the extended warranty

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I was afraid of that, I really hate to have to tell you this but after the troubleshooting we have done if the problem is still there I am sorry to say you indeed are going to require a new part. I know this is not what you want to here but I want to make sure I am honest with the information I provide you. You would need to replace the print head in order to fix this issue. I wish there was another way but with everything you have posted I am confident this is the problem with your machine.

The reason for this is he print head is the part of the printer that puts ink from the cartridges onto the page, and also detects the ink cartridges. Over time these parts deteriorate and need to be replaced. You can get the part from here: Click Here In case you would like to look for it somewhere else the part number is ***** #30. If you have any questions or need any help following these steps click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience