Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My printer will not print although it appears to be working,

My printer will not print although it appears to be working, but messages keep appearing not printing properly. new Ink cartridges have been inserted . green light is showing but black screen next to it is blank MP270 Pixma
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What is the exact and entire error message?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not got that message now, but just "printer needs your attention go the the desktop to correct," or words to that effect

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Is there an error number?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO ERROR NUMBER

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Please turn off caps lock when replying it is very hard on the eyes. Is the error showing on the printer or computer? If you try to print on the computer what message does that give you?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is the printer that is not working not the computer

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I need an actual error message in order to help you, or to know what happens when you try to print from the computer, so as I asked before Is the error showing on the printer or computer? If you try to print on the computer what message does that give you?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the local print spooler is not running, please restart the spooler or restart the machine

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok that is a problem with the computer not the printer itself, the print spooler is a service within windows. What version of windows are you using? How to get to it is a little different on each version of windows. If your not sure click on start then right click on computer and click properties.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows 8

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hold down the windows key on the left side of the keyboard between alt and ctrl.
While holding it down tap R and a window should open.

In that window type in services.msc and then click on ok.
Another window will open with a long list of services.

Find print spooler in the list and double click on it.
In the next window that opens click on start, then make sure next to start up type it says automatic.

If you get an error when trying to start it let me know.
If it started properly click on ok and then try to print something again.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.